Tuesday 8 April 2014

Moar hanami!

Last week the sakura trees were in full bloom so of course, I took more pictures.

I wasn't sure that these were sakura until I saw a tree with a label on them (yes, some of the trees around here have little signs on them indicating species). I thought that the flowers were only white, but apparently, they can also be dark pink.

And a very pretty pink too.


There are also a lot of trees with white blossoms around. One thing that seems to be pretty popular around here is to plant sakura trees such that they line both sides of the street. This creates a really nice effect.

As you can see, it's quite pretty.

I also love how much shade is created just by flowers.

Another thing that I found interesting is that I didn't really know how many of the trees I see were sakura trees until they end up blooming. Then it becomes really obvious that they're pretty much everywhere.

The trees are almost everywhere you look!
In contrast to some of the other trees around here that are harshly pruned, the sakura trees are also allowed to keep most of their branches. This means that they end up being really big and spread out.

There are two trees here, but it's hard to see both trunks.
They also look really nice over water.

Now the trees are starting to grow leaves, so the petal rain is pretty steady and they're a bit less white, but they're still pretty. I'll add some more pictures showing these developments soon.



To make up for last week's impromptu break, I'll be posting 3 times this week and next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment